Friday, April 22, 2011

The Flawed Jeans

I put on my favorite pair of jeans this morning; they are so
soft and comfortable.

I needed to spend the day at the hospital with my husband in the
Intensive Care Unit. We had gone to the emergency room yesterday;
he was having chest pains.

The doctors say there is no sign of damage to his heart and they
will release him this afternoon, but he will need to return for
a stress test in three to four weeks.

Sitting there reflecting on how fortunate we are, I noticed the
flaw in my jeans again. They have an irregularity in the weave
at the front of one leg. I noticed this flaw when I first tried
them on but purchased them anyway because they were so
comfortable.

I love them not because of the flaw but in spite of it.

Each time I wear the jeans I am reminded of God's love for us.

It is unconditional in spite of our flaws.