Monday, June 20, 2011

Clutter

I installed a new hard drive in my laptop computer. I have a
lot of programs and files and the hard drive fills up fast.

The laptop came with a 160 gigabyte hard drive. That was the
largest one that I could purchase when I bought it. It was 60
gigabytes bigger than my last laptop.

I was down to less than 10 gigabytes of unused space. I was
running out so I bought a new 250 gigabyte hard drive. Instead
of just using a utility to transfer all of the contents of my
old hard drive onto the new hard drive, I reinstalled
everything. I only installed the programs and data that I
really used.

When I finished, I had only used 100 gigabytes. Over 50
gigabytes of "stuff" wasn't there. I was a MountainWings
Moment.

I thought that I "needed" everything on my notebook but not
only did I now have everything that I needed installed, my
notebook's screen was a lot neater and it ran a lot faster.

Our lives are often like that.

We have a lot of extra stuff that we really don't need and
rarely use. Our closets are cluttered. Our drawers are
cluttered. Our garages are cluttered. Our computers are
cluttered.

Even our bodies are cluttered. Just look at belly buttons.

Not only is it physical. Our spirits are also cluttered with a
lot of stuff that is cluttering and detrimental to us.
.